I met with some wonderful MAT students last night to discuss and explore different technologies for enhancing their teaching.
Here is my presentation from our session on using wikis for teaching.
As promised, here are some of the resources that we talked about in class (including a few others that I didn’t mention):
- Wikispaces: free wikis for K12 (http://wikispaces.com/t/x/teachers100k/frontpage)
- Swiki: a free wiki server that you can run in your classroom (http://wiki.squeak.org/swiki/15)
- TiddlyWiki: a wiki that you can run on your personal computer for your own use (http://www.tiddlywiki.com/)
- MoinMoin: another wiki that you download and run on your computer (http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/DesktopEdition)
- Free blogs from WordPress.com (http://www.wordpress.com)
- Free blogs for Educators and Learners from Edublogs (http://www.edublogs.org)
- Free blogs from Google (http://www.blogger.com)